Thursday, May 17, 2007

GEWEL'S SECRET GARDEN

Let us now take a stroll to see what is blooming in my Secret Garden today.

All of this accompanied by words from Depeche Mode.



My secret garden's not so secret anymore
Run from the house holding my head in my hands
Feeling dejected, feeling like a child might feel
It all seems so absurd
That this should have occurred
My very only secret
And I had to go and leak it!
My secret garden's not so secret anymore!


No, my secret garden's not so secret anymore!
Run through the fields, down to the edge of the water
Can't stay long, here comes the reason why -
She'll catch me if she can,
Take me by the hand
I'll have to keep on running
And I just can't see the fun in
My secret garden not being secret anymore!

It used to be so easy
On days such as these she'd
Search and search for hours
In among the flowers
I loved it! - I loved her!
Play the fool, act so cruel - I loved it!
Read her book, take a look - I loved her

It all seems so absurd
That this should have occurred
My very only secret
And I had to go and leak it!
My secret garden's not so secret anymore!



And finally, a shot of a corner of my herb garden.

13 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Such a lovely garden. Is that a gnome sitting on your porch steps?

GEWELS said...

Akelamalu- No, actually it is a VERY ugly gargoyle.
A joke gift for my husband (a couple of years ago) after a quick trip to Paris. I'll write about that one soon.

Akelamalu said...

Oooh can't wait for that story!

bulletholes said...

Gewels- i used to be a pretty good gardener but I don't think I could hold a candle to you...really really nice!
Who is helping you with all that?
Liked the lyrics too...do you have a secret gardener? Where do you apply for a positiion like that?

GEWELS said...

Steve-I don't need no stinkin' helpers.lol!

Actually the gnomes, fairies and nice gargoyles help me.(the gargoyles mow). Would you like to apply for the head gargoyle position?

Linds said...

LOVE all the colors... beautiful flowers!

So, let me get this straight... you're successful, an expert gardener, a published writer, and an excellent cook?!

How do you do it, Gewels??

meno said...

You must spend a ton of time out there as your garden is spectacular!

Barbara said...

WOW! Everything is beautiful. I love it that you have fresh herbs to cook with! What's in your herb garden besides lavendar?

GEWELS said...

Linds- Aww shucks- actually I think I make myself sound more talented than I am. The writing gig is such a fluke- because as you can see I'm a terrible writer (I think I am more careful with the article, but still....)It was a leap of faith on the magazine's part. I ONLY post the cutest photos- you'll never see me without some kind of makeup.
Well, the garden pretty much takes care of itself. And, did you miss the part we I started a fire in the kitchen? I'm good at faking the cooking too. Actually, that I'm not really bad at. Successful? Hmm, don't know about that- I think I'm just fearless about trying out new jobs. But, I am funny- mostly!
Meno- thanks. but I haven't shown you the areas that still need alot of work! But the garden does make me happy.
Barbara- thanks, actually what you're looking at are chives- although I do have lavender. I also have tons of basil,dill,parsley,rosemary, sage & thyme, the cilantro is coming back (but need to put more of that in.) And still need to plant oregano. I'll also add some chamomile because I love the dainty white daisy-like flowers.

Thanks, all, for stopping by my not so secret garden.

Not so little Woman said...

Gewels, you really take great pictures!! I'm really envious, but in the good way. :)

Dsquared said...

Beautiful garden and a perfect poem to accompany the pics. Thanks for sharing both. YOur blog won't let me sign on with my actual blog - http://dsquared22.com/blog/ . Most Blogger blogs will.

Mother of Invention said...

I love how your flowers compliment that lovely wooden porch and steps! We have a long weekend here and will be planting like crazy...we are so behind you. Our lilacs just came out!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

i love your secret garden! I only wish i was that capable of keeping flowers alive and looking so well!